MIEPP News

Dienstag, 09.10.2018 13:26

First Semester Welcome and Get Together, Digital Economics and Jobs

Von: FB 03 - Studienbüro

Dear MIEPP Students

The most magical time of the year is nigh, the new semester is starting. You get to come back to university, meet up with old friends, take some great classes, learn a lot and develop yourself in untold directions. I would say it is almost the best day in the year. Also, you will probably get newsletters from me more often again.

This week I have for you:

-          Invitation to the welcome reception

-          Digital economics course

-          Jobs

First of all, like every semester, I would like to invite all of you to come to the welcome reception for the new students. If you do indeed believe in the most magical of nights of the year, this would certainly help to make this night even more magical than it is already. Could there be a better way to kick off the semester than with your fellow (and new fellow) students, a glass of wine (or beer, whatever floats your boat) and some snacks?

In all seriousness though, you are all invited to welcome the new students and reconnect with the others, having a nice evening with snacks and drinks. The welcome reception will be held in the Kasematten (“basement” new ReWi) next Monday October 15 at 7pm. I hope to see you all there.

Secondly, I would like to point your attention towards the course in Digital Economics held this winter by Prof. Hett. This is the first time ever that this course will be taught and it was not available during the first registration period so give it a try if you are interested. The course is part of the Public Policy specialization.

Finally, I have two job offers for you:

One is Werkstudentenstelle at the KFW in Frankfurt. The person that held this position previously was also a MIEPP student so you should have pretty good chances.

The second position is with the Sachverständigenrat. I suppose the barriers to entry are rather high here but nevertheless Prof. Wälde asked me to let you know.

As per usual, I have attached the job postings to this email.

I shall leave you in peace now as to not dampen your anticipation of the next semester. Enjoy your last free days and possibly the last days of sunshine in a long time. Until next time.

Sincerely,

Christoph Wirp

Christoph Wirp
Program Manager Master in International Economics and Public Policy

Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Studienbüro des Fachbereichs Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften

Jakob-Welder-Weg 4
55128 Mainz

Zimmer 01/321
Telefon: +49 6131 / 39 - 23099

E-Mail: MIEPPquni-mainz.de

http://www.master.economics.uni-mainz.de/index.php

Sprechzeiten: Dienstag 14-16 Uhr

     Donnerstag 9-12 Uhr

Öffnungszeiten Info- und Servicebüro: Montag bis Freitag 9-12 Uhr sowie Dienstag und Mittwoch 14-16 Uhr

JGU

Anhänge:

Link 2018-10_SRW_Ausschreibung_Makro.pdf

Link KfW_Werkstudent_Informationsmanagement_BKd3_21-09-18.pdf