MIEPP News

Montag, 16.03.2020 16:47

Corona Newsletter (probably part 1)

Von: FB 03 - Studienbüro

Dear MIEPP Students,

As I do not have that much time these days and the situation is a bit on edge, there is no witty intro from me. This is what I want to talk to you about:

-          No exams

-          Where to get information

-          Some more changes (especially for those of you writing their master thesis)

-          What comes next

No Exams

First, I hope that by now, everyone is aware that exams have been cancelled and that the semester start is moved.

Second, would like to apologize for the very late cancellation of the exams. While I have no impact on these decisions, in my opinion it was handled extremely poorly and should have been communicated much earlier.

Where to get information

Again, I would like to emphasize, all official information can be found here: https://sl-en.uni-mainz.de/information-regarding-the-coronavirus/

Furthermore, I changed the MIEPP news tab on the homepage to incorporate the registrar’s office information: https://www.master.economics.uni-mainz.de/news/

This website is simply an English translation of the German registrar’s office FAQ and will most likely be expanded in the next days and weeks. The main purpose is to answer some obvious questions you might have.

Some more changes

The most important information right now is, please be patient. I know that most of you have questions about how things will move forward but the honest truth is that no one really knows at the moment.

For now:

-          The registrar’s office is closed to the public, if you want to hand in anything please do so via post to:

Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Fachbereich Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Studienbüro
55099 Mainz

-          Master thesis also have to be handed in via post. For now, the deadlines all still stand!

-          If you have questions etc. please send an email or call, I will do my best to help

-          If you need to get in touch with anyone else in this university (be they chairs or studsek etc.) please also apply the same rules as apply for the registrar’s office (i.e. do not go there personally)

What comes next

In the next days, more decisions will be made and more information will be available. Things are moving rather quickly, so that information from today can be outdated again tomorrow. As soon as I know any big news, I will let you know. In the meantime, I ask that you all bear with us as solutions to most problems might take a bit longer and we figure out how to handle the situation in the best way possible.

All I have to say in closing is to simply keep informed on the official website, stay safe and make the best of this situation.

Sincerely,

Christoph Wirp

Christoph Wirp
Program Manager Master in International Economics and Public Policy

Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Studienbüro des Fachbereichs Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften

Jakob-Welder-Weg 4
55128 Mainz

Zimmer 01/321
Telefon: +49 6131 / 39 - 23099

E-Mail: MIEPP AT uni-mainz.de

http://www.master.economics.uni-mainz.de/index.php

Sprechzeiten: Dienstag 14-16 Uhr

                  Donnerstag 9-12 Uhr

Öffnungszeiten Info- und Servicebüro: Montag bis Freitag 9-12 Uhr sowie Dienstag und Mittwoch 14-16 Uhr

JGU