MIEPP News

Montag, 07.10.2019 14:27

Semester start (the event you do not want to miss), City Tour and Colloquia

Von: FB 03 - Studienbüro

Dear MIEPP Students,

The weather is getting worse, the mood dampens, it all can only mean one thing: the winter semester is about to start. However, no worries, there is a glimmer of hope in all this gloom. The event of the semester, the Welcome Reception in the Kasematten! All about that and much more in this newsletter:

-          Welcome Reception

-          City Tour

-          Colloquia

The welcome reception will take place in the Kasematten (basically the basement of RW1) next Monday, October 14 at 7 pm. As every semester, all of you are invited to welcome the new students, meet old friends, maybe make some new ones and have a good time to kick the semester off. I am looking forward to seeing all of you there.

As last semester, there will be a city tour (so if you missed the last one, simply are interested in Mainz or just want to have a good time this is for you). The tour starts at 10 am. At the Römisches Theater train station on October 19.

Finally, the chair of Professor Harms (International Economics) is once again holding colloquia. If you are interested, you are welcome to join (but you cannot ask questions of the presenters).

The colloquia will take palce Wednesday, October 16, 2019, in the room “RW 6 (01-130)”, Recht und Wirtschaft I:

Time

Students Surname

Students
First name

Topic

14.00-14.45

Belardi

Stefano

Would Italy benefit from leaving the Euro area?

14.45-15.30

Sabljic

Nives

(How) do environmental regulations influence foreign direct investment inflows?

15.30-16.15

Quintero Cabezas

Angie Lizeth

Is there a "productivity puzzle" - and if so: why?

16.15-

17.00

Gerev

Todor

Is there a Phillips curve in emerging markets and developing countries?

That is all from me, I hope to see all of you on Monday to start the semester of in the right way, with the new students and a good time.

Sincerely,

Christoph Wirp

Christoph Wirp
Program Manager Master in International Economics and Public Policy

Johannes Gutenberg-Universität Mainz
Studienbüro des Fachbereichs Rechts- und Wirtschaftswissenschaften

Jakob-Welder-Weg 4
55128 Mainz

Zimmer 01/321
Telefon: +49 6131 / 39 - 23099

E-Mail: MIEPP AT uni-mainz.de

http://www.master.economics.uni-mainz.de/index.php

Sprechzeiten: Dienstag 14-16 Uhr

                  Donnerstag 9-12 Uhr

Öffnungszeiten Info- und Servicebüro: Montag bis Freitag 9-12 Uhr sowie Dienstag und Mittwoch 14-16 Uhr

JGU